Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pasta Primavera - Paleo Style!

Okay, so I fibbed slightly and there's no pasta in this recipe ... Or Alfredo sauce ... But in my defense this tastes so good you won't notice there's no pasta.

First we need to cut up some veggies.
-carrots, peeled and sliced in rounds
-Brussels sprouts, quartered
-broccoli
-squash
-onions

Chop those up and toss in a pan with some olive oil and sauté. My husband likes to make the veggies pretty squishy ... I have a feeling they've lost all nutritional value by this time but if he's cooking and I get a break ...



Next up let's do some garlic sauce. Jamie shared her recipe with me and it's been modified slightly based on what we've come to love.

Garlic Sauce - modified
-3 heaping half tablespoons of minced garlic (we use a half tbsp because we don't have a full tablespoon. Actually I just realized the half tbsp is now missing)
-1 15oz can of full fat coconut milk
-1tsp sea salt
-pinch of black pepper
-1 tap basil
-1 tsp dill weed

Sauté the garlic until aromatic but careful it doesn't burn!
Add the milk and seasonings, stir.
Put on low and let it summer while you finish cooking your meal, stirring occasionally.


We have tried a lot of canned coconut milk and the 365 brand from Whole Foods is by far the best. The sauce comes out very creamy. Other brands come out thinner with a tan color but still taste great.


Top your veggies with it and enjoy! I seriously take a spoon to the table with me.





Even the cats like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment